A fantastic opportunity has arisen at the Haynes International Motor Museum in Sparkford, Somerset for two roles as cleaners within the Facilities Support team. As one of the leading museums and visitor attractions in the South West, with over 135,000 visitors annually, you will be joining a dynamic and engaged team of over 120 staff and volunteers.
The Museum has over 400 vehicles and as a charity it has three core aims: Preservation, Restoration and Education. The Museum also operates several businesses that donate all of their profits to support these charitable aims. Those businesses are:
• Venue Hire: We offer one of the South West’s premier venue hire facilities, hosting conferences, events, exhibitions and functions throughout the year.
• Café 750: our Museum café offers a selection of freshly cooked, local produce as well as cold snacks, pastries and cakes to not only Museum visitors but also customers who come to Café 750 as a stand-alone destination.
• The Museum Workshop and Restoration Centre: We not only preserve and restore the Museum’s vehicle collection but we also offer those services to a local and international client base of veteran, vintage, classic and modern sports and supercar owners.
• The Museum Shop: The Shop offers a vast selection of automobilia and will shortly be launching an online retail platform.
As a result of a strategic review we are now looking for 2 x cleaners. You will be hard working, collaborative and have great attention to detail. The successful candidates will be team players who are equally at home working at times independently. You will take real pride in your work and as part of a high performing team your efforts will make a real difference to our visitors’ enjoyment of their visit to the Museum.
The Museum and associated businesses are open 7 days a week, 362 days of the year, the café serves breakfast, lunch and afternoon tea, and the Venue Hire business delivers daytime and evening events and functions both during the week and at weekends.
This is a fast paced environment and we are looking for enthusiastic individuals who are able to set exemplary standards of cleaning which will complement the very high standards of service and product we currently deliver across all areas of the Museum.
• Working as part of the team help maintain high levels of cleanliness and customer service within the visitor attraction
• Follow the cleaning schedules for the whole site and other areas when directed
• Ensure that all equipment is well maintained.
• Ensure that all rubbish bins are emptied and rubbish is disposed of or recycled correctly in the appropriate bins
• Cleaning of both public and outside areas
• Being able to undertake any additional duties as written in the cleaning schedule
• To report any maintenance issues to the line manager immediately
Health and Safety and Personal Appearance
• All staff are expected to observe all health and safety at work regulations as set out in accordance with the organisation’s statutory obligations
• Report all accidents to your line manager
• Use all equipment as trained observing all safe practices, so that accidents are avoided
• Follow COSHH procedures
• Participate in health and safety and fire training as required
• Record keeping – ensure that necessary checks are made and recorded in accordance with our company policy
• Observe good personal hygiene and be of well-groomed appearance at all times
• Wear minimal make-up, jewellery, enclosed non-slip clean black shoes & clean clothing as per current dress code (uniform provided)
• Enthusiastic attitude with attention to detail and a sense of pride and ownership
• Always presentable with a polite and helpful manner
• Able to work independently but also take direction from others
• Work as part of a team to ensure the highest level of customer satisfaction is met at all times
• Must hold a full driving license due to location
Hours, Culture and Structure
20 hours per week working 5 days out of 7 – additional hours required during busy periods and to cover holiday.
All staff at the Museum are engaged and supportive with a “nothing is too much trouble” approach. It is vitally important to us that all our staff maintain a healthy work life balance and our culture supports and encourages this ethos.
You will report directly to the Operations Manager.
Pay and Benefits
• Based on age and experience 29 days annual leave entitlement
• Government administered contributory pension scheme
• Staff discounts in Café 750, Museum Shop and Workshop Services
How to Apply
Please submit the following by email to Amanda Wilson: email@example.com
• A copy of your CV, with your work history in reverse chronological order i.e. your most recent employment first.
• A covering letter outlining clearly how you match the key skills and key tasks listed above (maximum one page size 12 font).
The closing date for this role is 10th November 2019.
Candidates may be interviewed prior to the stated closing date as the post is available immediately and we wish to find a suitable candidate ASAP. Therefore we strongly encourage interested candidates not to delay their application.
No agencies please